Hypurin® Bovine insulin is being discontinued. All patients currently using any Hypurin® Bovine Insulin will need to have their insulin prescription changed. Wockhardt regrets any inconvenience this may cause but unfortunately the circumstances are beyond our control.
All patients using Hypurin® Bovine Insulin will need to have their prescription changed
- Due to global bovine insulin raw material unavailability, Wockhardt has no choice but to discontinue the Hypurin® Bovine Insulin range. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts in trying to find an alternative supply of bovine insulin raw material, none has been found. Wockhardt regrets any inconvenience this may cause but the circumstances are beyond our control
- As no further batches of bovine insulin can be manufactured, residual stocks will be carefully managed to ensure product remains available for patients for as long as possible
- PLEASE NOTE: the discontinuation of Hypurin® BOVINE Insulin does not affect the supply of PORCINE insulin
- If you currently use any Hypurin® Bovine Insulin, please contact your diabetes healthcare professional so that appropriate changes can be made to your insulin therapy
- Changing insulin should only be done under medical supervision and the patient closely monitored
Hypurin® Bovine Insulin predicted depletion dates
Predicted depletion dates are based on current stock and average sales. Monthly updates will be provided via the links below.
Further information for Patients
Further information for Healthcare Professionals