Hypurin® Bovine Insulin Discontinuation Information for Healthcare Professionals
Hypurin® Bovine insulin is being discontinued. All patients currently using any Hypurin® Bovine Insulin will need to have their insulin prescription changed. Wockhardt regrets any inconvenience this may cause but unfortunately the circumstances are beyond our control.
All patients using Hypurin® Bovine Insulin will need to have their prescription changed
- Due to global bovine insulin API (raw material) unavailability, Wockhardt has no choice but to discontinue the Hypurin® Bovine Insulin range. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts in trying to source an alternative supply, none has been found
- As bovine insulin API is no longer available to manufacture further batches, residual bovine insulin stocks will be carefully managed to ensure product remains available for patients for as long as possible
- PLEASE NOTE: the discontinuation of Hypurin® BOVINE Insulin does not affect the supply of Hypurin® PORCINE Insulin
- The table below indicates the anticipated stock depletion date for each Hypurin® Bovine Insulin
- Wockhardt apologises for any inconvenience this may cause but the withdrawal is due to circumstances beyond our control. Further information and support materials can be accessed below
- Prescribing information can be found at the bottom of this page
- If you have any queries regarding this discontinuation please call:
- General enquiries call +44 1978 661261 or email: email@example.com
- Medical information call +44 1978 669260
- Supply enquiries call +44 1978 669359
- Overseas non UK enquiries call +44 1978 669201
Hypurin® Bovine Insulin predicted depletion dates
Predicted depletion dates are based on current stock and average sales. Monthly updates will be provided below.
*Depletion dates updated Aug 2019
Please click on the table to enlarge
Questions and Answers
Q: Why is Hypurin® Bovine Insulin being withdrawn?
Due to global bovine insulin API (raw material) unavailability, Wockhardt have no choice but to discontinue the Hypurin® Bovine insulin range. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts in trying to find an alternative supply, none has been found.
Q: Will this affect the supply of Hypurin® Porcine insulin?
No. The discontinuation of Hypurin® BOVINE insulin does not affect the supply of PORCINE insulin. Please ensure the discontinuation information is ONLY given to Hypurin® Bovine Insulin patients in order to avoid unnecessary confusion and upset. Click here for details of our Hypurin® Porcine range.
Q: Where can I get more information and advice?
For Hypurin® general enquiries call: Wockhardt: +44 1978 661261 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Hypurin® medical information call: Wockhardt: +44 1978 669260 or Email: email@example.com
For Hypurin® supply enquiries call: Wockhardt: +44 1978 669359 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Hypurin® overseas non UK enquiries call: Wockhardt: +44 1978 669201 or Email: email@example.com
For Autopen® Classic or needle information call: Owen Mumford +44 1993 810052 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org